Sunday, December 7, 2008

Autobiography 3

One of the most comforting things a child can have growing up comes in the form of a tiny little brown bear. My favorite bear, Roger, was as much of a comfort to me when I was 5 years old as it is now that I am 19. Roger was a dark, rich brown bear with long curved arms and spoonlike paws. He had long fur, that I loved to snuggle my face into when I was hugging him. He has a hole in the top of his head that's come with old age, and his plastic black nose is worn down. He has deep dark brown eyes, that are so loving and warm.
He has constantly been waiting for me, tucked safely in bed, just laying around hoping that his friend will come see him again. He lies with a pillow under his head, blankets tight around him up to his neck. He has been, and will always will be a friend. Even though I'm now grown, his still loves how I show all my emotions to him, the brown ball of fluff that he is. He will always be there, when my life isn't so easy, if I need to cry, or when I was just tired inside. Always there to give me a hug, always so full of love. Roger was a gift from my grandmother who had long passes. He was my reminder of her, each and every day when she was no longer around. When I missed her, Roger would always be there to help me out and bring a smile to my face. In my mind, he has always been a way for me to communicate with her, and he will someday be the way that my children will communicate with me.

No comments: